Whenever we are on YouTube watching videos of different content creators such as travel and lifestyle, family, personal well-being, tutorials, or even documentaries, we often feel an urge to join the content creation community. Most YouTubers typically come out and say they were driven by the urge to create something similar to what they watched.
Some people, who are courageous enough, take a step and start putting an effort into creating content in a niche they like. If one is not yet ready, then they always can search for how to delete a YouTube channel. It is okay to take a step back if you feel you are not yet ready. If you are ready, however, take a look at the tips below.
What you need to start a YouTube channel
– An email address. When signing up, you will be required to upload an email address. Here, you will be getting any new notifications or updates.
– A channel name. Some people prefer to have their channels named after them. You can however choose any name you like, but be careful to pick a name not picked before. This will help your supporters find you easily.
– A camera. Newbies to YouTube were often asked how they started filming, and most say they used their smartphones. Others said they used to borrow their friends’ devices, others said they got a second-hand one, while others said they bought a new camera.
– Vlogs. The final important item you need for your channel is a vlog. Depending on your niche, go for something you will enjoy doing over time.
How to grow your YouTube channel
– Be consistent. Post now and then. Some YouTubers decide to post twice a week, every week, or every month. Go for what best suits your schedule. You do not have to feel pressured to post frequently. Be your own hero.
– Engage with subscribers. Whenever they comment, like their comments and reply to their comments. This simple act will encourage them to come back and watch your content and also interact with you. Algorithms will help you grow as your videos will be recommended to other viewers.
– Collaborate with other YouTubers. The only way to grow together is through teamwork. Reach out to other YouTubers and come up with content together. Your subscribers will most likely subscribe to the person you are working with and vice versa.
– Share your videos on other platforms. Maximize your social media platforms. Copying a link and pasting it on your Instagram, WhatsApp or Facebook is a way of letting more people know about your channel.
Frequently asked questions
How much does YouTube pay?
This depends on the country most of your viewers are in. Some countries pay more than others. The number of views also determines how much you earn.
What do I need to be paid by YouTube?
You need at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours within the last 12 months. Afterward, YouTube will email you, stating you can start monetizing your content. For each upload, you have to specify whether you are monetizing it or not.